We Cannot Marry You Without A Marriage License. License Must Be Issued From The State In Which You Are Getting Married In And Must Be Presented To The Wedding Officiant, Before The Actual Ceremony Can Begin.
Nevada Marriage License
Marriage License and General Information
It’s very simple to obtain your marriage license in Nevada. Must be 18 years old and have a valid Driver’s License, that’s all you need.
Before issuing a marriage license, the county clerk shall require each applicant to provide proof of the applicant’s name and age. The county Clerk may accept as proof of the applicant’s name and age an original or certified copy of the following:
- A driver’s license, instruction permit or identification card issued by this state or another state, the District of Columbia or any territory of the United States.
- A passport
- A birth certificate and a secondary form of identification that contains the name of the applicant. If the birth certificate is written in a language other than English, the County Clerk may request that the birth certificate be translated into English and notarized.
- A military identification card or military dependent identification card issued by any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- A Certificate of Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Resident Card issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services of the Department of Homeland Security.
- Any other document that the county clerk determines provides proof of the applicant’s name and age.
You will not be asked to produce divorce papers (If applicable). Both have to be present to obtain your license. Credit Card payment (in Incline Village office) and cash payment may be required. Current fee, in Reno or Incline Village, is $60.00 in South Tahoe it is $60.00
After your wedding paperwork has been filed by your officiate you may obtain a Certified Copy of your license at a later day for $15.00.
The Dreammaker will provide a witness the day of your ceremony for a small gratuity fee.
For more information contact the individual offices.
Incline Village, NV
Address:893 Southwood Blvd, Incline Village, NV Washoe County Satellite Office - In the Incline Village General Improvement District (I.V.G.I.D.) Building
Hours of Operation 8am – 5pm Mon-Fri
Incline Village Marriage License Info
Reno County Clerk Office
Address:1001 E 9th Street Bldg A, Reno, NV 89520
Hours of Operation: 8am – 11:30 a.m. and 1pm – 3:30 p.m Mon-Fri
Price of marriage license is $60.00 Prices may vary, call to verify price
Carson City, Nevada
Address:885 East Musser Carson City, NV 89701
Hours of Operation 8am – 5pm Mon – Fri. 9am – 4pm Sat
Carson City Marriage License info
South Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Address:175 Hwy. 50, Stateline, NV 89449
Hours of Operation 9am – 5pm Mon- Fri 10am – 4pm Sat
Address:1616 8th Street; 2nd Fl Minden, NV 89423
Hours of Operation 9am – 5pm Mon – Fri
California Has Two Marriage Licenses (No Blood Test, Or Waiting Period Required For Either)
1. Standard Marriage License; needs to be purchased from County Clerk and can be used in any county within the State of California. This is the traditional State license that all States issue for getting married. Besides the signature of the wedding officiant, this license only needs one witness (has place for two to sign) and the witness need only be old enough to know they are witnessing a marriage ceremony, and be able to write/sign their name on the official marriage license.
2. The California Confidential Marriage Contract, purchased in courthouses, California chapels and offered through some California minister/officiants. It must be used (ceremony takes place) in the county in which it was purchased. The bride and groom must be living together as husband and wife at the time they apply for the marriage license and must sign an affidavit on the license attesting to those facts. The marriage license is a confidential record and is only registered at the County Clerk’s Office in the county where it was purchased. Because it is a “Confidential Marriage Contract”. Only the bride or groom may purchase future “copies” of the marriage license, which sounds fine in the beginning but for the bride and groom to get a future copy “They must present valid picture identification together with the required fee to the county clerk where the license was originally purchased and file”
Therefore purchasing a future copy of a California Confidential Marriage Contract could become a bit more difficult, if , in the future you were to lose your original document. Persons other than the bride or groom requesting copies of a confidential marriage license may only do so by presenting a court order to the county clerk in the county where the license is registered. Copies of confidential marriages are not available from the state office. Besides the signature of the wedding officiant, this contract/license requires no other witness/signatures.
California Marriage License Locations:
South Lake Tahoe California – Eldorado County Clerk
Address:3368 South Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Hours of Operation: 8 am- 11:30am and 1pm – 4pm Mon – Fri
South Lake Tahoe Marriage Info
No part of Wed-Tahoe.com – text, photographs, or other material – may be reproduced in any form or transmitted by any means (electronic, mechanical, or otherwise) including photocopy, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without written permission from Dream-Maker Lake Tahoe. P.O Box 6395 Incline Village, Nevada.